Maintenance and Custodial
Prospect Schools #59
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP)
Prospect School District is seeking proposals from qualified vendors for the provision of painting services described in this document.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS TIMELINE
The following schedule has been established for the Request for Proposals:
RFP Release Date: Thursday, May 9, 2018
Proposals Due: Wednesday, May 30, 2018
Bid Awarded: Thursday, May 31, 2018
Work Completed: June 30, 2018
SITE INSPECTION AND QUESTIONS
To set up a site inspection contact Bruce Baker, Prospect School District Head of Maintenance, 541-560-3653 between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm.
- Clean and Prep of exterior wood framed buildings
- Painting of buildings with quality products approved by Prospect School District maintenance department
- Clean-up and debris removal following completion of project
SCOPE OF WORK
- The scope of work will include, but not be limited to, the following functions:
- Contractor Responsible for all measurements to determine materials
- The Building will be occupied during construction it will be contractor responsibility to coordinate work in occupied offices
- Contractor is responsible to transport and dispose of all construction debris to an approved disposal site other than the school dumpsters
- Meet and work with District staff, and end users to determine and meet the objectives of the project
- Any changes to project or products being used from bid documents will need to be approved in writing with the District
- Site walk through is required before any work is to be started
- Contractor is responsible for any damage to the buildings
LENGTH OF PROJECT AND PROJECT SCHEDULE
Successful bidder must be able to complete the work in the times that have been set. Protect building and its contents from effects from inclement weather. Disruption of offices will be kept to a minimum. Work area will be blocked off to prevent harm to employees and patrons of the buildings. There shall be nothing implied in the project that indicates future work for the awarded contractor
beyond the scope of this single project.
INFORMATION REQUIRED IN THE PROPOSAL
- Name, telephone number and physical address of contractor.
- Provide a copy of the company’s or individual’s business license.
- Provide proof of liability insurance.
- Provide evidence of worker’s compensation
- Provide a cost breakdown of labor and materials, and the brand of
- materials used
- Provide a time line of completion for the project
- Provide any information you feel is unique to your company in conducting this type of work in regards to value pricing, prior experience, etc.
- Successful bidder must be an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any individual due to race, color, religion, gender, age or national origin in regards to employment, compensation, promotion and discipline.
- Provide an explanation of warranties for materials and labor
- Provide a minimum of two (2) references in this type of work.
Please submit one copy of the bid. All Bid materials shall be in an 8.5 x 11 format. All information requested in the RFP must be addressed in the proposal. Proposals are due by 4:00 pm on Wednesday, May 30, 2018, and shall be submitted to:
Head of Maintenance
PO Box 40
Prospect, OR 97536
EVALUATION AND SELECTION PROCEDURE
Proposals will be evaluated by the Head of Maintenance and others if needed. The successful proposal will be the proposal that best meets the following criteria:
- Experience with similar work in public K-12 districts
- References and quality of work
- Work completed within the Districts timeframe
- Cost and value of work to be completed
The Prospect School District reserves the right to postpone or cancel this RFP or reject any and all proposals for any reason. Bidders will submit a Lump Sum for the work. Prices will not be negotiated after bid submission.
The Prospect School District is not liable for any costs incurred by proposers in the preparation of proposals or for any work performed in connection therein. A proposer may submit change orders but not conduct the work unless Head of Maintenance approves the work ahead of time. Once proposal is submitted, it cannot be changed. Late proposals and late modifications will not be considered for evaluation. Proposers may withdraw their proposals from consideration at any time before the proposal deadline. To withdraw a proposal, the proposer must provide the Prospect School District with written notification ahead of the closing date. Following the award to the successful bidder, the Prospect School District may, in its sole discretion, reduce the scope of the project including changes in materials or methods used in the execution of the job. These changes shall not require the rebidding of the project. All Requests for Proposals submission materials become the property of the Prospect School District.
For all maintenance and custodial needs please click here to submit a help desk ticket.