Dear Students & Parents/Guardians,
Here's hoping the weather will cooperate next week.
I want to try again to invite families to a planning / information meeting for our June 2023 Washington D.C. Trip. I am including all students who have approached me recently stating that they are interested in the trip, as well as their parents/guardians in this invitation.
Those who have already signed up, and those who wish to join, are all welcome to attend.
You are invited to attend a Fundraiser / Washington D.C. trip meeting:
Wednesday, February 8th, 2023 - 6:30 pm
High School English Room
For those who have recently expressed interest, please see the attached registration letter, and for more information you can watch the "parent presentation" video at: https://vimeo.com/669248312/c52fd8b642
For those who have not registered for the trip yet:
- It’s only a small initial $99 deposit to sign up. The remaining amount is spread out over the months leading up to the trip. AND we will be setting up fundraising events.
- Use Trip ID 200986 to sign up. You can sign up online at worldstrides.com/register or by phone at 855-442-0695.
WorldStrides provides many great tools to help you pay for the trip. Check these out:
- Financial assistance: over $2.5 million in assistance is given out each year to qualifying families. First come first serve. Please call ASAP!
- Gift of Education Fundraising program: with E-Cards and shareable Facebook Links and 100% of the money raised goes directly to offset the trip price.
- Affordable payment plans. Call WorldStrides Payment Desk to learn more at (855) 442-0695. Ask about the extended payment option! Their hours are Monday – Friday- 9 am – 6 pm eastern standard time.
- Additionally, all first responders and military families can receive a 5% discount off their trip price. Call WorldStrides Customer Service to learn more.
Thank you for your interest! And if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Ms. Janet Yakopatz
Prospect Charter School Graduation Coach
1-560-3653 - ext 239
Questions I have already been asked:
- Is this the only trip you will do if I can't go this year? My intention is to do a trip for students to Washington D.C. every other school year. If you are unable to go this year, I will be planning on a new trip in 2025.
- Does the school pay for the trip? No. WorldStrides is not affiliated with the school and is a separate program.
- The "deadline" to sign up was in January on the letter, can I still sign up? Yes, that deadline on the attached letter was based on that meeting date. The new deadline will be 1 week after our meeting, AND if folks need or want to sign up after that date they can. There will be a date where we will no longer be able to register new people for the trip simply because we need to make airline and hotel reservations.
- Do I have to pay to attend the meeting on Wednesday? There is no cost to attend the meeting. All the costs go towards the trip. The $99 listed in the email is the deposit for the trip itself if you decide to go.
- Do I have to pay the entire cost up front? No, you can set up a payment plan with WorldStrides. You can call WorldStrides at (855) 442-0695 and they will help you set up a plan that works for you.
- How does fundraising work? After the event, Ms. Yakopatz will submit the money to WorldStrides with paperwork that denotes how much from the fundraisers goes to each student participating in the trip.
- Do I have to go to this meeting to go on the trip? No, you can sign up using the information below. If you are unable to attend the meeting, please feel free to contact Ms. Yakopatz with any questions you may have.
- Can parents/guardians go on this trip? Yes, parents/guardians are welcome to join. As adults, we do have a slightly different cost for the trip that is outlined in the attached letter.
- Can students earn HS credit for going? Yes, WorldStrides has an education program that students can apply for and do as independent study if they would like. I can help facilitate that if students are interested.
2023 Jan Prospect Charter School Registration Letter Email