REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP)
Prospect School District is seeking proposals from qualified vendors for the installation of new cameras to existing wiring as described in this document.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS TIMELINE
The following schedule has been established for the Request for Proposals:
RFP Release Date: Tuesday, May 29, 2018
Proposals Due: Wednesday, June 13, 2018
Bid Awarded: Thursday, June 14, 2018
Work Completed: August 10, 2018
SITE INSPECTION AND QUESTIONS
To set up a site inspection contact Scott Williams, Prospect School District Head of Technology, 541-560-3653 between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm.
- Purchase and install multiple indoor and outdoor security cameras.
SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of work will include, but not be limited to, the following functions:
- Contractor will assist in deciding the optimal position for camera placement.
- Contractor will assist in brand and model of cameras, all necessary hardware and software that would best solve security concerns.
- Contractor will mount (CAT5 cabling drops will be pre-installed) and configure all cameras and necessary switching / hardware and software for optimal performance.
- Contractor will provide necessary training on all hardware and software so that the system is used correctly and utilized to its fullest extent.
- Contractor Responsible for all measurements to determine materials.
- The Building will be occupied during construction, it will be the contractor’s responsibility to coordinate work in occupied offices.
- Contractor is responsible to transport and dispose of all construction debris to an approved disposal site other than the school dumpsters.
- Meet and work with District staff, and end users to determine and meet the objectives of the project.
- Any changes to project or products being used from bid documents will need to be approved in writing with the District.
- Site walk through is required before any work is started.
- Contractor is responsible for any damage to the buildings
LENGTH OF PROJECT AND PROJECT SCHEDULE
Successful bidder must be able to complete the work in the times that have been set. Protect building and its contents from effects from inclement weather. Disruption of offices will be kept to a minimum. Work area will be blocked off to prevent harm to employees and patrons of the buildings. There shall be nothing implied in the project that indicates future work for the awarded contractor beyond the scope of this single project.
INFORMATION REQUIRED IN THE PROPOSAL
- Name, telephone number and physical address of contractor.
- Provide a copy of the company’s or individual’s business license.
- Provide proof of liability insurance.
- Provide evidence of worker’s compensation.
- Provide a cost breakdown of labor and materials, and the brand of materials used.
- Provide a timeline of completion for the project.
- Provide any information you feel is unique to your company in conducting this type of work in regards to value pricing, prior experience, etc.
- Successful bidder must be an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any individual due to race, color, religion, gender, age or national origin in regards to employment, compensation, promotion and discipline.
- Provide an explanation of warranties for materials and labor.
Please submit one copy of the bid. All Bid materials shall be in an 8.5 x 11 format. All information requested in the RFP must be addressed in the proposal. Proposals are due by 4:00 pm on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 , and shall be submitted to:
Head of Technology
PO Box 40
Prospect, OR 97536
EVALUATION AND SELECTION PROCEDURE
Proposals will be evaluated by the Head of Technology and others if needed. The successful proposal will be the proposal that best meets the following criteria:
- Relevant experience with similar work in public K-12 districts = 10%
- References and quality of work = 20%
- Reliability to complete the job within the Districts time frame = 20%
- Cost and value of work to be completed = 50%
The Prospect School District reserves the right to postpone or cancel this RFP or reject any and all proposals for any reason. Bidders will submit a Lump Sum for the work. Prices will not be negotiated after bid submission. The Prospect School District is not liable for any costs incurred by proposers in the preparation of proposals or for any work performed in connection therein. A proposer may submit change orders but not conduct the work unless Head of Technology approves the work ahead of time. Once proposal is submitted, it cannot be changed. Late proposals and late modifications will not be considered for evaluation. Proposers may withdraw their proposals from consideration at any time before the proposal deadline. To withdraw a proposal, the proposer must provide the Prospect School
District with written notification ahead of the closing date. Following the award to the successful bidder, the Prospect School District may, in its sole discretion, reduce the scope of the project including changes in materials or methods used in the execution of
the job. These changes shall not require the rebidding of the project. All Requests for Proposals submission materials become the property of the Prospect School District.