August 15, 2018
Dear Prospect Charter School Families,
It is hard to believe, but the first day of school is less than two weeks away! Classes will begin on Monday, August 27 for all students, Preschool through 12th grade. If you haven’t already, visit our website at www.prospect.k12.or.us to register your student(s).
Please note the following schedule changes for the 2018-19 school year:
- This year the school day for Kindergarten through 5th grade will be 8:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m. We appreciate your patience during the first week of school while afternoon bus schedules are adjusted accordingly.
- Unfortunately we are no longer able to offer the afterschool program. (Afterschool supervision will be provided for 5th graders participating in school sports.)
- The school day for grades 6 through 12 will remain the same, 8:00 a.m. to 4:05 p.m.
Dates of interest:
- August 30: No school for grades K-5. Our teachers and instructional aides will be attending important professional development this day.
- September 20, 6pm: Open House. Come visit your student’s classroom, meet their teachers, and get login information for checking your student’s grades and attendance on our website. Cookies and punch will be served.
- October 19, 7pm: High School Homecoming football game, Prospect vs. North Lake, and halftime ceremony including the Rogue Valley Corvette Club.
- For a complete calendar of events and other important information, please visit our website and follow us on facebook.
Other exciting news:
- New additions to teaching and support staff and new teaching assignments in elementary: Jessica Jacobson, Kindergarten; Kate Lehman, 1st Grade; Kaytee Lonning, 2nd Grade; Kristy Bliss, 3rd Grade; Tracy VanWormer, 4th Grade; and Marsha Capello, 5th Grade.
- New classes schoolwide, including: Grades K-3 Music; Middle/High School Band; and High School Digital Media, Sustainable Agriculture, AP Environmental Science, Psychology, Archeology, and Pre-Calculus.
It is a tremendous privilege to serve your children and this community as we all strive to make a positive, lifelong impact on every student. If you ever have any questions, concerns, or would simply like to get to know me better, please know that my door is always open.
Brian Purnell, Principal