Dear Prospect Charter School Families,
It is hard to believe, but the first day of school is less than a month away! Classes will begin on Monday, August 26 for all students, Preschool through 12th grade. If you haven’t already, visit our website at www.prospect.k12.or.us to re-enroll your student(s), instructions attached.
Important information for the first week of school:
- The school day for Kindergarten through 5th grade is 8:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m. Please be sure that your student and their teacher know what your student should do after school (ride the bus home, wait for pickup, etc.). The school day for grades 6 through 12 is 8:00 a.m. to 4:05 p.m.
- High school and middle school football and volleyball seasons are underway, dates and times available on the school website.
- School Board Meeting: Monday, September 9, 6:00 p.m.
- Open House: Tuesday, September 10, 5:30 p.m. Come visit your student’s classroom, meet their teachers, and get login information for checking your student’s grades and attendance on our website. Cookies and punch will be served.
- For a complete calendar of events and other important information, please visit our website and follow us on facebook.
Other exciting news:
- New additions to staff: Janice Wood, 2nd Grade; Scott Baker, High School History/High School Football Coach; Cassie Kohler, High School Science/FFA Advisor; Amanda Hansen, Instructional Assistant; Mclovia Alvarez, Instructional Assistant; Marcy Sutton, Instructional Assistant; Sheri Eary, Business Manager; Keith Howard, Head Maintenance/Middle School Football Coach; Baley VanWormer, Assistant High School Volleyball Coach.
- New staff assignments and extra duty positions: Kaytee Lonning, K-12 Art; Carroll Newcomb, Middle School Language Arts; Cathy Morton, Special Education; Jen Durham, Assistant Principal/High School Success Coordinator; Andy Nelmes, Technology/Middle School and High School Music/Assistant High School Football Coach; Crysta Myers, Head Cook; Miranda Hinkle, Assistant Cook/Assistant Middle School Volleyball Coach; Bruce Baker, Head Custodian; Rocky VanWormer, CTE/FFA Advisor/High School Volleyball Coach.
- New high school courses including: High School Art, Metal Arts, Natural Resources, Business Agriculture, Food Chemistry, Vet Science, Agriculture Biology, Introduction to Engineering Design, Introduction to CAD, Principles of Engineering, Lego Robotics.
It is a tremendous privilege to serve your children and this community as we all strive to make a positive, lifelong impact on every student. If you ever have any questions, concerns, or would simply like to get to know me better, please know that my door is always open.
Brian Purnell, Principal